Friday, September 3, 2010

Using local hardisk on lucid Puppy without manual mount

I prefer using frugal install for puppy linux without lupu-save.2fs. This make clean and not worry from bad setup.

So, if I decide to make new setup, then use remaster script from dougal.

But, I want to run something that place in local hard disk, at startup. So, the program that I want to on first booting will show up.

With a lot of time I spend, (this because I newbie), I know that a little editing, this is will done.

First, you have a puppy/puppies  that can booting from a HD, using grub. Example : from sda1.

Look and edit : /boot/grub/menu.lst on sda1. (search it!)

You should look at this part on it :

.....
kernel /lucifolder/vmlinuz pmedia=atahd psubdir=lucifolder
....

if pmedia=cd, than change it to : pmedia=atahd.

After reboot, sda1 atomatically mount on : /initrd/mnt/dev_ro2 not /mnt/sda1 although
on desktop item still appear sda1.

You can automatically run a script on it, but you must created a link to /root/startup folder before remastering.

No comments:

Post a Comment